CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Goodbye Sweet Nawlins



Well our time in Nawlins has sadly come to an end. Partied on Bourbon St, ate alligator and crawfish. Which were very interesting. Got to see Ravayna which was awesome. Had the most delicious oysters I have ever had in my life. Yes I did a lot of eating. But it was also sad and interesting to see a city still devestated after two years. When I think back to 9/11, I guess I was far enough removed from the city that I didn't have to face it everyday. But driving around and seeing the destruction and spray painted symbols still on the houses is a constant reminder. Talking to Vay was good too, getting an inside prespective of what really happened. My heart goes out to the residents of New Orleans, thank you for letting me share your beautiful city and still having such a positive and welcoming nature.

0 comments: